Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Debunking the Myth that Africans don't like African-Americans or the African Diaspora

     Throughout my online endeavors to promote this blog and spread this simple message of hope, I have come upon several people that all say the same thing. That is "Africans don't want anything to do with African-Americans".
     Okay, I'll admit some Africans might think this way, but surely not everyone. Also, for the ones that do, what is there to tell them you are from America. I mean your skin color sure doesn't, and if you learn the language, customs, ect.  those won't either.
     I always tell people to consider European immigrants to the US. When was the last time you just looked at somebody and said "He's from Europe".  Never. Why? Simply because of skin color. It's a reality of life.
     I also think about fifth generation Asian people that visit China. People start talking to them in Chinese! Despite them not being 100 percent Chinese! They could be mixed with other Asian ethnicities or even have some white, black, or other blood in them, but guess what? They look Chinese still! And that is how they will be treated. I am just telling you as it is. I wish that it wasn't that way, but it is. That knocks down the talk of being a "non-pure African" and not being accepted.
   
Apply this some logic to us.
 


Of the two pictures above, who is African and African American?
Hard to tell, right?!

This is exactly my point, who is going to look at us in African and say "You, thief, criminal, pathetic, ect." Nobody because you will be part of the mainstream. 

Thoughts, comments, ect?

No comments:

Post a Comment